All Northgate Training products are protected by UK and international intellectual property laws and all purchases are subject to a licence agreement.
When an organisation buys one Northgate Activity the organisation buys a one-off, permanent licence to:
If you wish to run it with more participants than the maximum number stipulated, and/or make the activity available to others within your organisation (for example to a number of different Trainers in different or mobile locations), please contact us and we can provide a quote to match your licence requirements. This applies to both physical and digital versions of Northgate Activities.
All purchases are subject to the following Northgate Licence Terms.
1. We, Northgate Training Limited (“Northgate”), is the owner and licensor of all intellectual property rights in our training games, activities, business simulations (“Northgate Activity” or “Northgate Activities”).
2. All Northgate Activities are protected by UK and international intellectual property law.
3. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in, on or associated with Northgate Activities, shall at all times remain vested in Northgate (irrespective of whether title to any Northgate Activity passes to a customer (“you”) upon the purchase of a Northgate Activity from Northgate or from one of our licensed distributors).
4. Northgate Activities are subject to the following licence terms:
4.1 When an organisation or individual trainer buys one Northgate Activity the organisation or individual trainer buys a one-off, permanent licence to run that activity as many times as they wish, with up to the maximum number of participants stipulated for that activity at any one time. You can re-order the consumables for that activity (if applicable and subject to stock availability).
4.2 If you wish to run it with more participants than the maximum number of participants stipulated for that activity or make the activity available to others within your organisation (for example to a number of different Trainers in different or mobile locations), you need a licence to do so. This applies to both the physical and digital copies of Northgate Activities. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
5. All licences for Northgate Activities belong to the organisation or individual trainer that originally purchased the game, activity or business simulation. If a trainer leaves an organisation, the Activity may not under any circumstances be copied, transferred, shared, removed or taken by any other means, in whole or in part, by the departing trainer.
6. You may not (nor permit a third party to):
6.1 copy (including printing and scanning) Northgate Activities, in whole or in part (except those components for which copying is expressly permitted);
6.2 store (on a computer or cloud) more than one electronic copy per licence held for each Northgate Activity purchased;
6.3 share a Northgate Activity, in whole or in part, with any person outside of the licence-holding organisation, except for the purposes of running a training session. In the event that you have shared any part of a Northgate Activity electronically or otherwise with your delegates (for example sharing a team brief during a virtual training session), please ask them to delete all Northgate materials from their computer after the training session in order to comply with intellectual property legislation;
6.4 use Northgate Activities for any purpose other than training your own employees, or if you are an independent training consultant (but not otherwise) for training your clients provided that Northgate Activities are only used under your control and are not left in the possession, storage or control of any of your clients;
6.5 adapt Northgate Activities or do anything which is an infringement of the UK and international intellectual property rights referred to in Clause 2 above.
7. In line with standard practice, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate any licence immediately (and without refund) in the event of a breach or suspected breach of the above terms. Upon notice of any licence suspension or termination, you shall immediately stop using and destroy all Northgate Activities (or upon request return the resources to us) and delete or remove the resources from all physical and/or electronic locations in which they are stored.
8. Northgate makes every effort to protect programs from viruses and to ensure computer programs and software run satisfactorily. However Northgate cannot be held responsible or liable for any problems caused to computer systems. Upon purchase of any Northgate Activity you accept the software as it is, and Northgate makes no warranty for the software and its usage. If in doubt please consult an IT Specialist or contact Northgate.
9. This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales.
All unauthorised copying, sharing, storage and use of Northgate Activities is strictly prohibited.