This training game is a great test of teamwork skills! Things could go badly wrong at Fawlty's Bakery, but if teams get their act together they can save the day!
This Northgate training activity comes with a licence for repeat use with up to 12 participants per training session within your organisation. Please see the four team version here for use with up to 24 or ask for a discount for use with larger groups.
6-12 (2 teams of 3-6 per team)
1 hour + debrief
Delivery charges apply per order (not per item).
Delivery charges do not apply to digital downloads.
(normally next working day)
(1-2 working days)
(1-5 working days)
We hope you that will be delighted with your purchase from Northgate Training. However, if you are unhappy for any reason, we operate a no-quibble returns policy on unused goods. Products should be returned within 30 days. The product(s) needs to be in perfect condition and in its undamaged, original packaging. We cannot refund or exchange anything that has been used. Return postage, packing insurance and direct costs cannot be refunded. Please keep proof of postage to facilitate claims should goods be lost in transit.
VAT (Value Added Tax) applies only to UK orders (and EU customers where a valid VAT number is not supplied). The VAT will show in the cart summary and will be cancelled where applicable during the secure checkout process.
For EU customers, please supply your VAT number when prompted to avoid being charged VAT.
In this teamwork training activity, A Taste of Teamwork, two teams jointly represent the "Packing & Despatch Department" of a bakery supplying pies to retail outlets. The task involves ordering different kinds of pies from the baking department, processing customer orders, invoicing and packing up the orders, ready for despatch. Sounds easy?
But carrying it out - on time and accurately - is a bit of a challenge! Things can so easily be overlooked, misinterpreted or mixed up. What’s needed is an overall process, clear communication, inbuilt checks and balances and everyone on board! Great fun, full of learning - and easy to facilitate.
1. Introduce the training activity (optional PowerPoint included) and organise the group into two teams.
2. Issue the Team Briefs and allow delegates to study their briefs.
3. Prepare the Order Cards (by removing the five 'Late Order' cards and after 10 minutes issue a pile of 10 Order Cards to each team.
4. Issue the other boxes to one team; the invoices forms to the other.
5. Observe teams in action but do not get involved in their interaction.
6. Stand by to 'bake' pies on request.
7. At the 40 minute point issue the five 'Late Order' cards and an Analysis Form to each team.
8. At the 60 minute point the delivery van arrives to collect the orders.
9. Check the boxes and invoices (the left-over pies will give you a quick indication of teams' accuracy!).
10. Conduct the debrief with the aid of the Trainer's Notes & PowerPoint.
My colleagues and I have been using Northgate activities for 25 years for team-based learning and we have always been impressed by the quality of the material and the insights the students get from taking part in these activities.
Paul Roberts, Principal Fellow for Quality & Reliability, WMG, University of Warwick
'A Taste of Teamwork' training activity provides good insights into people's ability to collaborate, prioritise, manage, coach, influence and communicate. Very easy to run.
HR Manager, Legal & General