High performing teams don’t make it by accident. They know their key results areas, have stringent goals and are willing to take responsibility.
This Northgate training activity comes with a five-year licence for repeat use with up to 24 participants per training session within the licence-holding organisation. Please ask for a discount for use with larger groups. Also includes access to the Northgate Trainerhub (see below for details).
6-24 working in pairs of teams, with 3-6 per team
2 hours + debrief
Delivery charges apply per order (not per item).
Delivery charges do not apply to digital downloads.
(normally next working day)
(1-2 working days)
(1-5 working days)
We hope you that will be delighted with your purchase from Northgate Training. However, if you are unhappy for any reason, we operate a no-quibble returns policy on unused goods. Products should be returned within 30 days. The product(s) needs to be in perfect condition and in its undamaged, original packaging. We cannot refund or exchange anything that has been used. Return postage, packing insurance and direct costs cannot be refunded. Please keep proof of postage to facilitate claims should goods be lost in transit.
VAT (Value Added Tax) applies only to UK orders (and EU customers where a valid VAT number is not supplied). The VAT will show in the cart summary and will be cancelled where applicable during the secure checkout process.
For EU customers, please supply your VAT number when prompted to avoid being charged VAT.
All too often staff fail to take responsibility for their actions. It’s never their fault, someone else is always to blame. Often problems occur because someone did not think for themselves and did not ‘take ownership’ of the issue.
Managers too can be just as guilty of the ‘blame game' – poor results are blamed on the market, change is put off because ‘it’ll never work’. This training activity exposes all these excuses and paves the way for greater accountability and performance improvement at work. Being reasonable and pro-active is fundamental to team effectiveness – and to the success of the organisation as a whole.
1. Divide the group into pairs of teams (3-4 people per team) and issue one with the ‘Staff’ Brief and the other with the 'Manager' Brief.
2. After 20 minutes put the pairs together to share findings and knowledge and prepare presentations on the state of the organisation.
3. After 30 minutes observe the presentations. Issues all relate to problems caused by lack of accountability and poor performance from individuals and management.
4. Lead a debrief on the key issues that emerge. Have teams identified root causes – and suggested appropriate ways to solve the problems?
5. Trainer’s Notes provide full guidance. Additional handouts enable you to extend the learning and draw up individual Action Plans to improve overall accountability and performance back at work.
This activity is for face-to-face classroom use. It is supplied as a hard copy pack and the digital files are supplied via the Northgate Trainerhub.
Benefits of the online Northgate Trainerhub include:
Northgate's games are easy to use and they offer a wide range of titles.
D. Page, Warner Bros
The 'Accountability & Performance Improvement' training activity worked very well. It helped my participants to practise the accountability concepts, reflect on their own situations and to be more aware about the importance of accountability in their workplace.
Juan Losada, Consultant, Tesoro Consulting LLC, California
Every activity we have purchased from Northgate has been very effective and well received by delegates. Recently we incorporated 'Accountability and Performance Improvement' into our in-house training course for team leaders and it worked really well.
Craig Leonard, Head of HR, Barnsley College