It's the start of the week and the General Manager at Cavendish has lots to do! A short, sharp activity to deliver KEY lessons on organising your time effectively, increasing productivity and improving wellbeing.
1, 2, 3 or 4 teams with 4-5 per team
Delivery charges apply per order (not per item).
Delivery charges do not apply to digital downloads.
(normally next working day)
(1-2 working days)
(1-5 working days)
We hope you that will be delighted with your purchase from Northgate Training. However, if you are unhappy for any reason, we operate a no-quibble returns policy on unused goods. Products should be returned within 30 days. The product(s) needs to be in perfect condition and in its undamaged, original packaging. We cannot refund or exchange anything that has been used. Return postage, packing insurance and direct costs cannot be refunded. Please keep proof of postage to facilitate claims should goods be lost in transit.
VAT (Value Added Tax) applies only to UK orders (and EU customers where a valid VAT number is not supplied). The VAT will show in the cart summary and will be cancelled where applicable during the secure checkout process.
For EU customers, please supply your VAT number when prompted to avoid being charged VAT.
Talk to staff in any organisation and there’s usually agreement that there is “too much to do”. But often, it’s simply a matter of being more disciplined and taking a few moments, on a regular basis, to plan the time available.
In this 60-minute activity participants are faced with a stream of emails and ongoing projects.
It’s the start of a new week and the general manager at Cavendish is faced with a lot of ‘things to do’. It’s the perfect time to take a few moments to organise the week ahead:
Teams - or individuals - have two forms: Your Diary and Your Action Record, on which they record their responses.
In addition, the emails reveal some organisational problems and at the end of the activity participants are asked what underlying issues they were able to identify.
A scoring system allows teams' time planning skills to be assessed and scored. Teams then have a benchmark for improving their time management skills and productivity in the workplace.
The activity is straightforward to facilitate - full details in the Trainer’s Notes.
Time Trial! has been developed from Northgate's activity, InBox (no longer available) and has been totally revamped, redesigned, updated and improved.
1. Issue emails to teams (or individuals).
2. Tell teams they have 60 minutes to complete their task.
3. Issue forms: Your Diary and Your Action Record.
4. Observe teams (but do not get involved).
5. After 10 minutes issue the first of six additional emails - and one more every 10 minutes so that the final email is issued just a moment before the 60 minutes is up.
6. At 60 minutes stop the session and move on to the debrief.
7. Debrief the activity by leading a discussion to the whole group. Work through the forms, reveal the ‘right answers’ and allow teams to score their forms. They can then compare their decisions - usually provoking a lively discussion and plenty of disagreement. (Remember, the principles of time planning are the issue - rather than exactly the right response to a particular email).
8. Summarise the key learning points and announce the winning score. (Performance rating indicator supplied in the Trainer’s Notes.)
9. Issue 20 Top Tips handout to take back to the workplace.
Full guidance, discussion points and “right answers” are supplied in the Trainer’s Notes.
I have used Northgate Training for more than 20 years, and found their games and simulations to be an invaluable resource for me, as a busy training consultant. I have often used them in Australia, Singapore, New Zealand and the UK, and they always go down brilliantly. The support provided by Mike and his team is excellent. I fully recommend this company and their terrific products.
Liz Wright, Training Consultant, The Leadership Cafe
Time Trial! has been a useful way to showcase the skills we talk about in our Time Management course at the end of the day. Delegates have really enjoyed using it.
L&D Advisor, Redrow Homes Ltd