**FOR USE IN VIRTUAL & FACE-TO-FACE TRAINING SESSIONS** This interactive teamwork activity gets delegates analysing their behaviour, skills and attributes and helps them to achieve their full potential as a team player! *This activity is delivered electronically.*
For 3-24 (up to 4 teams of 3-6 per team)
45 minutes + debrief
Delivery charges apply per order (not per item).
Delivery charges do not apply to digital downloads.
(normally next working day)
(1-2 working days)
(1-5 working days)
We hope you that will be delighted with your purchase from Northgate Training. However, if you are unhappy for any reason, we operate a no-quibble returns policy on unused goods. Products should be returned within 30 days. The product(s) needs to be in perfect condition and in its undamaged, original packaging. We cannot refund or exchange anything that has been used. Return postage, packing insurance and direct costs cannot be refunded. Please keep proof of postage to facilitate claims should goods be lost in transit.
VAT (Value Added Tax) applies only to UK orders (and EU customers where a valid VAT number is not supplied). The VAT will show in the cart summary and will be cancelled where applicable during the secure checkout process.
For EU customers, please supply your VAT number when prompted to avoid being charged VAT.
Wiff Waff is the original name for Ping Pong, or table tennis. In this short sharp teamwork activity participants are asked to plan for a table-tennis tournament. They have ten minutes' individual planning time and they then come together, in virtual teams, to work out details of play, costs and entrance fee, design a poster and prepare advertising copy.
The activity is based on a set of seven team roles that are considered essential components for high-performing teams. The task is designed to bring the key team roles into relief and gives participants the opportunity to reflect on their own best skills and attributes - and how they fit into a team.
During the debrief you can discuss what happened during the team task, and consider the seven key roles or types. Optional handouts included. An exciting, team task that is designed to get your delegates interacting followed by an opportunity for self-reflection.
Wiff Waff has been developed from Northgate's activity, Building an Effective Team (no longer available).
1. Briefly introduce the activity to all participants.
2. Allocate participants into teams and put them into breakout rooms.
3. Send a copy of the Team Brief to each individual and allow ten minutes for participants to study it on their own. After ten minutes participants can then discuss it within their teams.
4. Allow 20-30 minutes for the team task. Observe teams in action and make notes for the debrief in terms of how they worked as a team.
5. After the allotted time stop the teams. Ask for results from each team in terms of the answers to the task.
6. Lead a general debrief on how the teams operated and a discussion on team roles.
7. Use the (optional) PowerPoint to describe and review the seven key roles. Use the optional handouts which are designed to make participants think about their own traits and how they best fit into the key roles required in a team.
8. Consolidate the learning by linking the idea of team roles to the workplace and how improvements might be made in terms of self-awareness, behaviours and attitudes.
Full instructions, debrief notes and worked calculations all supplied in the Trainer’s Notes.
This activity is delivered electronically. Delivery charges do not apply.
We find all Northgate activities very intuitive and easy to work with and delegates find them a great benefit. And it helps us promote our brand and company by always coming across as professional.
Steve Penson, Operations Director, Alisar Ltd
Northgate Activities make an excellent and good value part of a wider development programme. They are fun and highly effective. From a facilitator's point of view they are easy to learn, adapt and deliver.
Jonathan Aylwin, C2C Program Manager (Global Industrial), TE Connectivity